The providers of Highlands Medical Specialists have priveleges at Highlands Regional Medical Center. Contact information is below:
Highlands Regional Medical Center
3600 South Highlands Avenue
Sebring, Florida 33870
Phone: (863) 385-6101
Family Medicine / Internal Medicine
- Asthma evaluation and treatment
- Birth Control options
- Laboratory testing, including blood draws
- Comprehensive medical history and physical examination
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) for evaluation of heart function
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) management
- Imaging tests (x-rays)
- Lacerations and stitches
- Male impotence evaluation and treatment minor surgical procedures
- Routine annual exams
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, poison oak, rashes , itchy skin, wound infection
- School physicals
- Well women and men exams care
- Acute illnesses
- Well baby care and well child and teenage care
- Pulmonary Function Tests
- Weight management
- Diabetes management and other chronic illness management
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy – screening for colorectal cancer, removal of polyps, identify bleeding sites, ablation of bleeding sites, evaluate for causes of diarrhea or change in bowel habits, abnormal findings on other diagnostic test and obtain tissue samples, etc.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic upper endoscopy- used to diagnosis and treatment of upper intestinal tract diseases, this includes disorders that cause difficulty swallowing and cause upper intestinal tract bleeding.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy tube placements (PEG’s) to allow feeding of patients who are unable to maintain adequate nutritional intake.
- Capsule Endoscopy for evaluation of occult bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract and evaluation of diseases of the small intestines.
- Specialty care of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) with pH monitoring, evaluation of esophageal motility and ablative therapy of Barrett’s esophagus.
- Hemorrhoid Banding Management of IBD, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, including infusion therapy with infliximab
- Management of liver diseases including HCV
- Pediatric orthopedic joint replacement surgery
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder
- Hand surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Metabolic bone diseases
- Sports medicine
- Voiding and sexual dysfunction
- Urological cancers (bladder, kidney and prostate)
Highlands Medical Specialists has several locations to serve you.
Communities in the area include Dandridge, Kodak, Morristown, Sevierville, Talbott.
As medicine became more complex in the twentieth century, the need for group practices made more sense. Physicians found it impossible to know everything about the emerging drugs and technologies on the medical landscape. In addition, the cost of providing a full range of diagnostic services, such as tests and X-rays, in one location became prohibitive to the individual practitioner. Hence, doctors from various disciplines began to team together in order to provide more comprehensive care to their community of patients.
Some of the important benefits are:
- Access to doctors from various disciplines for referrals and advice
- Better coverage on weekends and off-hours
- One-stop clinics for comprehensive care and testing